M31 - Andromeda Galaxy Mosaic
Updated: Dec 7, 2020
After several nights of bad weather and some challenging seeing conditions, I was finally able to put together a seemingly decent mosaic of m31. This was my first mosaic and I found it to be quite challenging. Color balancing and stitching the mosaic took the biggest chunk of time processing this beast of an image. While I had initially planned to make an HaRGB image, I ended up with a simpler RGB image due to the complex method used to stitch together the panels. I think I will revisit this image once better processing software becomes available for stitching mosaics.